20081121

Kisah di balik Wawancara TV

Berikut ini adalah kutipan shuhba Mawlana Syekh Hisyam Kabbani QS di Oakland, CA pada tanggal 17 Februari 2008 yang menceritakan peristiwa ketika beliau bersama Mawlana Syekh Nazim Al-Haqqani QS berkunjung ke Indonesia.

I was in Indonesia, with Mawlana Shaykh in 2001, first time Mawlana went to Indonesia.  And alhamdulillah we have a lot of followers there.  Hundreds of thousands.  And before him I used to go five or six times.  And they have a slot for me on a TV program before Fajr time, and that is a live show, and then I speak and they give questions.  So when I came they asked me if Mawlana can come along to the studio and it will be live and we will be there at Fajr time; we pray Fajr and then we begin.  So Mawlana said “yes”.  And so I spoke with the interviewer.  I said, “I am here so Mawlana will take the whole, you ask, whatever.  I will not speak in front of Mawlana.”  He said, “No, the people want you.  So we share, we ask you and ask him.”  So they introduced Mawlana as “the Shaykh of Shaykh Hisham QS”, as they know me and then as “Master of the most distinguished Naqshbandi Order.”  Then they asked Mawlana questions.  And it is live you know.  Then he [the interviewer] said, “Our Shaykh Hisham QS, we would like to ask the shaykh a question.“  Mawlana looked at him and said, “When I am here there is no shaykh here; he will not talk in front of me.”  So I told that interviewer to be careful.  Now it is live, going everywhere in Malaysia and Indonesia.  What to do?  Keep quiet, save the situation.  And the interviewer got embarrassed and I got embarrassed.  Then someone called in [saying,] “I want to ask a question.”  Mawlana said, on live TV, “When the Shaykh speaks no one asks questions.  I speak and you listen!” 

Then interviewer said, “We have another question.” Then Mawlana said, “Questions, give them to Shaykh Hisham QS.”